Elevator / Escalator Accident
Minnesota Accident Lawyer & Attorney
Elevator and escalator injuries a lot more common than many people think. Most elevator and escalator injuries are not serious enough to warrant a lawsuit. However, we do still see a handful of elevator or escalator accidents that result in serious traumatic injuries and financial hardship. It is important to speak to a qualified Mankato personal injury attorney if you or someone you love has suffered a serious elevator injury – you may be eligible for financial compensation for your physical, emotional and financial suffering.
In some instances the owner of the building or the city council may be to blame for your suffering, in other instances the accident is caused by a mechanical defect or manufacturer’s error. Whatever the case, our attorneys can ensure that you are fully compensated for your escalator/elevator injuries.
Some of the more common injuries we see from escalator or elevator malfunction include:
- hip injuries
- head trauma
- spinal injury
- shoulder and neck injury
- broken bones
- loss of fingers, toes
If you have been hurt in an escalator or elevator injury, you could be faced with a loss of income while you are recovering in addition to a number of medical expenses. You may need to see specialists, undergo surgery and rehabilitation and take painkillers for your injury. You may need to hire someone to take care of you or your children while you recover.
Escalator and Elevator Accidents
Escalators and elevators have made it a lot easier and faster to get from A to B. However, this does not mean that they are free of accidental injuries. Some of the more common escalator and elevator accidents we see include:
- Elevator falls – if the elevator is not operating properly, the cable can break and plummet passengers to the ground. This often results in serious trauma or death.
- Sudden jerks, stops and speeds up – again, if an elevator is not maintained correctly, they can suddenly stop working or start to move faster than you would want.
- Escalator sudden stoppage – if the escalator suddenly stops, passengers are often jolted forward or backwards. In some instances, they may fall and have a serious injury
- Escalator metal teeth issues – the metal teeth on the escalators are meant to hold yourself and shopping trolleys in place; however, sometimes they can hold on too tight or grab a hold of fingers, toes and clothing
- Slip and fall accidents – escalators can get incredibly slippery, especially when wet from ice, rain or snow. We see a number of premise liability cases that occur on an escalator
Elevators and escalators are part of our daily lives. From office buildings to shopping malls, from apartment complexes to sports stadiums, from airports to hospitals, from hotels to schools, we encounter elevators and escalators wherever we go. However, this does not mean we should simply accept injury as part of the escalator/elevator experience.
Mankato Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has suffered from any injury due to a malfunctioning elevator or escalator, you will need the experience and aggressive representation of our lawyers. Our law firm has represented thousands of individuals who have been harmed in some way due to the negligence of someone else. You should not have to pay the financial consequences for someone else’s negligence.
Call Frentz and Frentz at 507-345-4505 or call toll free at 1-800-450-4505 for your free consultation. You want to have experience on your side so that you can receive the compensation you deserve. We don’t get paid unless you get paid.